Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Introduction

My name is Ryann and I'm a soon to be 30 year old woman. I'm a wife to Nick and a mother to Addyson. Over the last 10 years, I've been gaining weight, no excuses, just life. Recently, Nick has started losing weight by following the weight watchers point plan (not going to the meetings or doing the online thing, just borrowed a few books, figured it out, and is counting points) and working out. He's trying to get in shape so he can feel better about his chances of becoming a police officer for the Indianapolis Metro Police Department. Since mid January 2009, he's managed to lose 46 pounds. Motivated by his new lease on life and my own desire to be a healtier version of myself, I've decided to join the adventure. March 6, 2009, I began counting points and weighing myself daily.

Here are the gritty details:

  • March 6, 2009: 187 lbs
  • April 16, 2009: 171.5 lbs (basically 15.5 lbs from start)
  • short term goal: to reach 152 by May 30, 2009 (basically 35 lbs from start)
  • long term goal: to reach 135 by September 1, 2009 (basically 52 lbs from start)

For about 2 weeks, I've been stuck right around the 15 lbs lost mark. I've decided to start this blog to keep myself more accurate and accountable. I'm also hoping to notice some habits that I'm keeping that might be standing in my way of a more productive weight loss. I'll be checking in daily with reports about food and exercise and weight loss. My plan is to add recipes as well, with their point values, so that I can share some of my favorites. While I didn't take a "before" photo, I'm sure one from earlier this year will suffice, so I'll look for a good one to post. Perhaps once a month, I'll try to add a progress photo so I can really see the weight loss.

I know I need to add more cardio to my routine in order to help shed some of the weight. I began taking a ZUMBA class on March 11, 2009, which meets for an hour every Wednesday evening. I LOVE the class and haven't missed one yet! But, it's the only exercise I get, so I would like to add at least 2 more hours of intense cardio a week into the routine. In my life, it's easier said than done, but I'm going to have to make the effort. Addyson is a fiesty, just turned 2 year old. Her grandma keeps her while Nick and I work full time, so when I get home from work, I try to focus on family time. Since we live in Indianapolis, Indiana, the weather is so unpredictable. It's been too cold and wet this spring to take Addy out too often, but it looks like a warmer spring is headed our way. One lap around the neighborhood is 3/4 mile, so perhaps we'll be taking more walks, in order for me to squeeze in the exercise. I know lots of people are now loving the Wii fit, which would be perfect for me, but we don't have a Wii, so maybe I'll put that on my things to save for list.

No comments:

Post a Comment